|Start Date||End Date||Click to Apply|
|26th Oct 2014||21st Nov 2014||Apply Now|
|26th Nov 2014||22nd Dec 2014||Apply Now|
|04th Jan 2015||30th Jan 2015||Apply Now|
|04th Feb 2015||02nd Mar 2015||Apply Now|
Smriti Yoga is situated in a beautiful village Netravali in the rainforest of Western Ghats of India. The retreat center is set up amidst a working organic farm spread across 25 acres of land. Netravali is a paradise for nature lovers. One can discover the joy of trekking, bird watching, bathing in a waterfall and a tour of working organic spice farm and a visit to mystical bubble lake.
The accommodation is provided in an ecological rest house with pristine silence. Eco villas are constructed with mud providing insulation keeping them cool in summer and warm in winters and the mud floor acts as a shock absorber or like cushion for human body. Villas offer beautiful view of plantations with chairs and mud sofas in the balcony. Another unique thing is different variety of plants which act as mosquito repellant.
The plantations are totally organic. Guests can see and learn how natural organic farming is maintained. For example to protect vanilla crop from bacteria we depend on a particular species of ants which eat the bacteria. Nature has given everything. There is perfect balance; all we need is to harness it. There is natural honey produced in the farm and one can learn how to use these organic spices in cooking or for medicinal use.
- Techniques Training/Practice – 100 hours - Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves. Both areas receive substantial emphasis;
- Teaching Methodology – 25 hours – Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Anatomy & Physiology – 20 hours – Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 30 hours – Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum – 10 hours – Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- Electives – 15 hours – Elective hours are distributed among educational categories according to the schools chosen emphasis (may be contact or non-contact hours)
Our Program with details include
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Meditation – Guided Meditation, Breath Meditation, Silent Meditation, Active Meditation and Sound Meditation
- Kriyas –Understanding the shatkarmas, Internal Cleansing, daily practice of Neti, Kapalbhati, and Agnisara
- Asanas – Daily practice of one or combined Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Yin and restorative yoga
- Bandhas – Embodying the knowledge and practice of Moola-Bandha, Udiyana-Bandha, Jalandhara-Bandha and Maha-Bandha
- Mudras – To empower oneself by learning the channeling of energy using various psychic gestures
- Mantra/ Chanting – Learning the power of chanting mantras and daily practice of powerful Sanskrit vibrations for empowerment, centering and manifestation
Teaching MethodologyTeaching and Demonstration
- What it means to be a teacher
- How to lead a class
- Opening your voice with confidence and courage
- Deepening your personal awareness
- Communication with clarity and empowerment
Adjustments and Correction
- The art of adjustments
- Mindful touch
- Alignment through verbal and physical instructions
Observation and Assistance
- Learning Sanskrit names of the asanas
- Structuring and sequencing an asana class
- Exploring various methodologies
- Understanding the difference between assisting and adjusting
- Integrating intentional theme based classes
- Learning business aspect of Yoga
- Ethics and values of being a Yoga teacher
- Marketing and advertising
Anatomy and PhysiologyPhysical Anatomy
- Understanding how the various systems in our body work
- Learning how these systems correlate to asanas
- Eight major joints in the body
- Compressive and tensile restriction
- Range of motion
- Benefits and contraindications
- Study of subtle body and its dynamics
- Study of seven major chakras
- Nadis – The subtle conduits
- Pran vayus – Five vital airs and their significance
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga TeachersYoga Philosophy
- Yoga sutras
- Samkhya Darshan – Anatomy of manifestation
- Ashtanga – Eight limbs of Yoga
- Paths of Yoga
- Yoga Upanishads
Lifestyle and Ethics
- What it means to be a Yogi
- Values and discipline (Yama-Niyama)
- Integration of Yoga and conscious living in daily life
- Responsibility as a Yoga teacher
- One to one teaching
- Group teaching
- Assisting other teachers
- Giving adjustments
- Weekly feedback
Apart from covering standard yoga alliance curriculum, our experienced and passionate teachers share with their wealth of knowledge through integrating various workshops and sessions from their individual expertise which includes –
- Ayurveda – Conscious eating and lifestyle
- Sacred Ceremonies
- Self Empowerment Workshops
- Transformational Programs
- 6:30 – 8:00 Asana Practice
- 8:30 – 10:00 Pranayama, Chanting and Meditation
- 10:00 – 11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 – 13:00 Alignment/ Teaching Methodology/ Adjustments
- 13:00 – 15:30 Lunch Break
- 15:30 – 17:00 Anatomy/ Philosophy
- 17:00 – 18:00 Asana Practice
- 18:00 – 19:00 Posture Clinic/ Yoga Nidra/ Satsang
The fee includes the following –
- COURSE MANUAL
- STUDENT SUPPORT
- DAILY THREE MEALS
- ECO VILLA ACCOMMODATION
- WELCOME KIT
What is NOT included?
- Air fare
- Tips for staff at venue
- Transportation to and from the venue
To reserve your place, send an advance booking amount of 200 Euro with your application. The booking amount is non-refundable. It will be adjusted towards your total fee
1590 Euro is early bird fee which requires you to sign up 45 days prior to start of the course. After this period, the applicable fee is 1800 Euro
The number varies according to the venue but we like to keep our training’s intimate and personable, hence we have maximum participants not exceeding 20
There are various styles offered throughout the course based on Hatha, Vinyasa and modified Ashtanga. The teaching practice begins in the first week where you will start to discover which style best suits you. As we know not one style suits everybody. It is best to reflect your own passion offered in your final practicum shared in the last week of the course.
Smriti yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance but all trainees must successfully complete the mandatory classes and hours and all teachers must agree that the trainee is qualified to teach yoga. Upon successful completion of the above mentioned criteria, the trainee will be issued a 200 hour registered yoga teacher certificate.
Yes, single accommodation can be provided for an extra fee
After successfully completing the YTT program, will my name appear on Yoga Alliance teacher directory? After successfully completing the YTT program, you do become a certified teacher but it is individually your responsibility to register yourself on yoga alliance directory by uploading a copy of your certificate.
This is more than yoga training. It is a journey of self transformation recommended for all who are ready for this journey. Not everybody who takes this course has intentions to teach yoga but even if you are willing to deepen your understanding about yoga in theory and practice, then this is the course for you.
That is a personal choice. You can refer to various travelling blogs such as indiamike.com and lonelyplanet.com
This again is a personal choice. There are many local doctors that can assist you here at a very low cost.
We do our best to assist each and every one dietary need, in each problem there is a solution
Yes it is required all students bring their own yoga mat.
Why apply to our teacher training course?
- To study from experienced and passionate teachers
- To deepen your personal practice and understanding the science of yoga
- We take small group of students which allow us to offer more attention to each individual and assist learning in an intimate environment
- To create a healthy habit of a daily practice
- To feel supported, encouraged and inspired
- We offer an integrated experience through both theory and practical application
- Apart from the teacher training curriculum, we also offer Transformational programs, Acro yoga workshop and Ayurveda consultation
- We offer freshly cooked healthy food to encourage conscious eating
- We assist and support the local communities with self sustainability, preservation and cleanliness drives
- Our venues are mindfully chosen to integrate natural elements in pure environment
- Our teachers have a great sense of humor. We can laugh at ourselves by not being too serious!