A Transformative Journey
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
We invite you to embark on a transformative journey. This experience will deepen your own personal yogic practice and provide you tools to share your passion with others. This teacher training will not only provide quality education but an opportunity to live in a sustainable eco-system.
Living in close communion with nature fine tunes our bio-rhythms and draws balance and clarity in our lives. In an ideal location such as this, the understanding seeps in smoothly and meditation flows spontaneously. The pure air, freshly cooked organic and vegan vegetarian meals, spring water pool and plenty of secluded places for self-reflection makes the experience wholesome.
|4th Jan – 30th Jan||3rd Feb – 29th Feb||6th Mar – 1st Apr|
Our Program with details include
Techniques, Training and Practice – 100 hours
- Meditation – Guided Meditation, Breath Meditation, Silent Meditation, Active Meditation and Sound Meditation
- Kriyas –Understanding the Shatkarmas, Internal Cleansing, daily practice of Neti, Kapalbhati, and Agnisara
- Asanas – Daily practice of one or combined Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Yin and Alignment
- Bandhas – Embodying the knowledge and practice of Moola-Bandha, Udiyana-Bandha, Jalandhara-Bandha and Maha-Bandha
- Mudras – Learning the channelling of energy using various psychic gestures to empower your postures
- Chanting – Chanting mantras every morning and at the start and conclusion of daily classes
Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
Teaching and Demonstration
- What it means to be a teacher
- How to lead a class
- Opening your voice with confidence and courage
- Deepening your personal awareness
- Communication with clarity and empowerment
Adjustments and Correction
- The art of adjustments
- Mindful touch
- Alignment through verbal and physical instructions
Observation and Assistance
- Learning Sanskrit names of the asanas
- Structuring and sequencing an asana class
- Exploring various methodologies
- Understanding the difference between assisting and adjusting
- Integrating intentional theme based classes
- Learning business aspect of Yoga
- Ethics and values of being a Yoga teacher
- Marketing and advertising
Anatomy and Physiology – 20 hours
- Understanding how the various systems in our body work
- Learning how these systems correlate to asanas
- Eight major joints in the body
- Compressive and tensile restriction
- Range of motion
- Benefits and contraindications
- Study of subtle body and its dynamics
- Study of Chakras (Human Energy Centers)
- Nadis (The subtle conduits)
- Pran Vayus (Five vital airs)
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 30 hours
- Samkhya Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Paths of Yoga
- Philosophy in action
Lifestyle and Ethics
- What it means to be a Yogi
- Values and discipline (Yama-Niyama)
- Conscious living
- Responsibility as a Yoga teacher
Practicum – 10 hours
- One to one teaching
- Group teaching
- Assisting other teachers
- Giving adjustments
- Weekly feedback
Electives – 15 hours
Apart from covering standard yoga alliance curriculum, our experienced and passionate teachers share with their wealth of knowledge through integrating various workshops and sessions from their individual expertise which includes –
- Ayurveda Workshop
- Thai Yoga Massage Workshop
- Acro Yoga Workshop
- Sacred Ceremonies
- 7:00 – 8:30 Asana Practice
- 8:45 – 9:45 Chanting, Pranayama and Meditation
- 10:00 – 11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 – 13:00 Alignment/Teaching Methodology/Adjustments
- 13:00 – 15:30 Lunch Break
- 15:30 – 17:00 Anatomy/Philosophy
- 17:00 – 18:00 Asana Practice
- 18:00 – 19:00 DVD/Yoga Nidra/Satsang
The fee includes the following –
- COURSE MANUAL
- FOOD (Three Meals Daily)
- ACCOMMODATION (Shared)
What is NOT included?
- Air fare
- Tips for staff at venue
- Transportation to and from the venue
To reserve your place, send an advance booking amount of 300 Euro with your application. The booking amount is non-refundable and will be adjusted towards your total fee
1770 Euro is early bird fee which requires you to sign up 60 days prior to start of the course. After this period, the applicable fee is 1950 Euro
How many students participate in one course?
There are maximum of 15 participants in one course.
What style of yoga will I be trained to teach?
There are various styles offered throughout the course based on Hatha, Vinyasa and modified Ashtanga. The teaching practice begins in the first week where you will start to discover which style best suits you. As we know not one style suits everybody. It is best to reflect your own passion offered in your final practicum shared in the last week of the course.
Will I get a recognized certificate?
Smriti yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance but all trainees must successfully complete the mandatory classes and hours and all teachers must agree that the trainee is qualified to teach yoga. Upon successful completion of the above mentioned criteria, the trainee will be issued a 200 hour registered yoga teacher certificate.
Is single accommodation available?
Yes, single accommodation can be provided for an extra fee
After successfully completing the YTT program, will my name appear on Yoga Alliance teacher directory?
After successfully completing the YTT program, you do become a certified teacher but it is individually your responsibility to register yourself on yoga alliance directory by uploading a copy of your certificate.
I do not intend to teach yoga, is this course still for me?
This is more than yoga training. It is a journey of self transformation recommended for all who are ready for this journey. Not everybody who takes this course has intentions to teach yoga but even if you are willing to deepen your understanding about yoga in theory and practice, then this is the course for you.
Do I need to get any vaccinations while travelling in India?
That is a personal choice. You can refer to various travelling blogs such as indiamike.com and lonelyplanet.com
Do I need to get health Insurance?
This again is a personal choice. There are many local doctors that can assist you here at a very low cost.
Do I need to bring my own Yoga mat?
Students can bring their own yoga mat or choose to buy one here or use the ones we have
Why apply to our teacher training course?
- To study from experienced and passionate teachers
- To deepen your personal practice and understanding the science of yoga
- We take small group of students which allow us to offer more attention to each individual and assist learning in an intimate environment
- To create a healthy habit of a daily practice
- To feel supported, encouraged and inspired
- We offer an integrated experience through both theory and practical application
- Apart from the teacher training curriculum, we also offer workshops on Thai Yoga, Acro Yoga and Ayurveda
- We offer freshly cooked healthy food with organic spices grown at our farm to encourage conscious eating
- We assist and support the local communities with self sustainability, preservation and cleanliness drives
- Our mindfully chosen venue integrates natural elements in pure environment
- Our teachers have a great sense of humor. We can laugh at ourselves by not being too serious!