This Advanced Level 2 Yoga Teacher Training course is open for experienced and sincere yoga practitioners and teachers who wish to deepen their practice. The level 2 training cover 300 hours of study time. If you have already completed a 200 hour level 1 training with any registered school you will receive a 500 hour certificate on completion.
We offer a multi-style fusion of several great forms with phenomenal academic curriculum with extremely experienced and passionate teachers in a friendly environment. Our venues are mindfully chosen to integrate natural elements in pure environment and we put focus on conscious living and organic food.
- Techniques Training/Practice – 90 hours – Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves. Both areas receive substantial emphasis.
- Teaching Methodology – 18 hours – Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Anatomy and Physiology – 21 hours – Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 36 hours – Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers. A minimum of two contact hours must be spent on ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum – 24 hours – Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- Electives – 111 hours – Elective hours to be distributed among educational categories according to the school’s chosen emphasis (may be contact or non-contact hours)
Our Program with details include
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Meditation – Chakra, Breath and Sound Meditation with other advance Meditation techniques
- Kriyas –Advance cleansing for lighter body and clear mind, coming to terms with our inhibitions, fears and frustration, discovery of dormant potential within daily practice of Agnisara-Nauli
- Asanas – Daily practice of intermediate and advance Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinayasa
- Bandhas – Regular practice of Moola-Bandha, Udiyana-Bandha, Jalandhara-Bandha and Maha-Bandha
- Mudras – Practice of advance techniques of psychic gestures
- Mantra/ Chanting – Practice mantras and chanting with its Sanskrit transliteration to deeply experience the vibrations of empowerment, centering and manifestation
Teaching and Demonstration
- Leading regular classes
- Sharpening teaching skills
- Demonstrate centeredness and balance
- Deepeninging personal awareness
Adjustments and Correction
- The art of adjustments and its variations
- Calm presence and mindful touch
- Verbal and physical instruction flow
Observation and Assistance
- Practice Sanskrit names of the asanas
- Structuring and sequencing an asana class
- Exploring various methodologies
- Create and conduct a theme based classes
- Learning business aspect of Yoga
- Ethics and values of being a yoga teacher
- Marketing and advertizing skills
Anatomy and physiology
- Mastering the various physical systems in our body and its correlation to asanas
- Further study into the eight major joints in the body
- Understanding range of motion in relation to each individual
- Benefits and contraindications
- Study subtle anatomy of Chakra system
- Understanding the Ida, Pingla and Sushumuna nadis
- Other subtle conduits in our physiology
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Insight into Vedas
- Yoga Upanishads
- Significance of integration of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Anatomy of Self and Mind
Lifestyle and Ethics
- What it means to be a Yogi
- Values and discipline (Yama-Niyama)
- Integration of conscious living and conscious eating in daily life
- Responsibility as a yoga teacher
- One to one teaching starts first week
- Individual teaching
- Small Group teaching
- Teaching Practical every week
- Weekly Feedback
- Quizzes each week
Apart from covering standard yoga alliance curriculum, our experienced and passionate teachers share with their wealth of knowledge through integrating various workshops and sessions from their individual expertise which includes –
- Sound healing journey’s
- Sacred ceremonies
- Conscious eating and lifestyle
- Self empowerment workshops
- Weekly Feedback
- Transformational programs
- 6:30 – 8:00 Meditation, Pranayama and Chanting
- 8:30 – 10:00 Asana
- 10:00 – 11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 – 13:00 Anatomy/ Philosophy
- 13:00 – 15:30 Lunch Break
- 15:30 – 17:00 Teaching Methodology/ Adjustments
- 17:00 – 18:00 Teaching Practice
- 18:00 – 19:00 Yoga Nidra/ Chanting/ Satsang
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
The fee includes the following –
- COURSE MANUAL
- STUDENT SUPPORT
- DAILY THREE MEALS
- ECO VILLA ACCOMMODATION
- WELCOME KIT
What is NOT included?
- Air fare
- Tips for staff at venue
- Evening Meals
- Transportation to and from the venue
To reserve your place, send an advance booking amount of 300 Euro with your application. The booking amount is non-refundable. It will be adjusted towards your total fee
1800 Euro is early bird fee which requires you to sign up 45 days prior to start of the course. After this period, the applicable fee is 2000 Euro
How many students participate in one course?
The number varies according to the venue but we like to keep our training’s intimate and personable, hence we have maximum participants not exceeding 15
What style of yoga will I be trained to teach?
This course offer intermediate and advanced mix of Hatha, Vinyasa and modified Ashtanga. This 300 hour course takes one deeper and more subtle into one’s practice. There is a lot of focus on subtle anatomy
Will I get a recognized certificate?
Smriti yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance but all trainees must successfully complete the mandatory classes and hours and all teachers must agree that the trainee is qualified to teach yoga. Upon successful completion of the above mentioned criteria, the trainee will be issued a 500 hour registered yoga teacher certificate.
Is single accommodation available?
Yes, single accommodation can be provided for an extra fee
After successfully completing the YTT program, will my name appear on Yoga Alliance teacher directory?
After successfully completing the YTT program, you do become a certified teacher but it is individually your responsibility to register yourself on yoga alliance directory by uploading a copy of your certificate.
I do not intend to teach yoga, is this course still for me?
This is more than yoga training. It is a journey of self transformation recommended for all who are ready for this journey. Not everybody who takes this course has intentions to teach yoga but even if you are willing to deepen your understanding about yoga in theory and practice, then this is the course for you.
Do I need to get any vaccinations while travelling in India?
That is a personal choice. You can refer to various travelling blogs such as indiamike.com and lonelyplanet.com
Do I need to get health Insurance?
This again is a personal choice. There are many local doctors that can assist you here at a very low cost.
I have dietary restrictions can you help me?
We do our best to assist each and every one dietary need, in each problem there is a solution
Do I need to bring my own Yoga mat?
Yes it is required all students bring their own yoga mat.
Why apply to our teacher training course?
- To study from experienced and passionate teachers
- To deepen your personal practice and understanding the science of yoga
- We take small group of students which allow us to offer more attention to each individual and assist learning in an intimate environment
- To create a healthy habit of a daily practice
- To feel supported, encouraged and inspired
- We offer an integrated experience through both theory and practical application
- Apart from the teacher training curriculum, we also offer Transformational programs, Acro yoga workshop and Ayurveda consultation
- We offer freshly cooked healthy food to encourage conscious eating
- We assist and support the local communities with self sustainability, preservation and cleanliness drives
- Our venues are mindfully chosen to integrate natural elements in pure environment
- Our teachers have a great sense of humor. We can laugh at ourselves by not being too serious!